A series of education resources that can be used in conjunction with video captured industry sessions at Hot Docs 2013. Video production provided by Dowling Pictures. Resources can be downloaded via the "Extras" tab.
About this Playlist
From keynote speeches by industry visionaries to hands-on workshops with the latest technologies, Hot Docs Industry Conference offers essential education, networking and business intelligence for all levels of filmmakers and film professionals.
Workshops offered during the 2013 Hot Docs conference include: Hot Hacks with Mozilla and Secret Location, Campaigns By Design, Masters’ Feedback and ASTOUND Business Model Canvas.
About ASTOUND Business Model Canvas:
CFC Media Lab and facilitators will walk participants through creating a “business model canvas” for their documentary projects. Using the Alexander Osterwalder method and the work of his book Business Model Generation, the CFC Media Lab team will lead 16 participants in a series of exercises to help each project identify their various business models.
The ASTOUND Initiative is a phased, systematic initiative that seeks to encourage private investment in Ontario’s creative industries. ASTOUND has led professional intensives and research in business modeling, audience engagement, and an event framework that introduced private investors with content creators. Led by CFC Media Lab, Hot Docs and OCADu, ASTOUND also includes participation from a host of tertiary partners. To learn more, please visit http://astoundinitiative.ca/
Selected Films (7)
Kickstart 3: Rights Management Masterclass with John Sloss (Cinetic Media)
Kickstart 2: But What’s The Story?
Kickstart 1 : My First Doc
The Second Screen
Beauty Amid Chaos - Focus on Cinematography
Why Will Docs Matter?
- Most Popular
- Check out what your fellow doc lovers are watching.
- Reel Asian
- Showcasing alumni filmmakers from past Reel Asian festivals.
- The Images Festival
- The Images Festival looks at the dynamics of accessibility.
- Doc Challenge
- A timed competition where filmmakers have 5 days to make a short doc.
- Brian Linehan
- Brian Linehan was best known for his celebrity interviews.
- Toronto sounds good. It always has.
- TVO - Makes you think
- NFB films have influenced the works of filmmakers around the world.
- Industry Corner 2009
- Video and audio captures of all public series' and industry sessions at Hot Docs.
- Industry Corner 2010
- Festival Industry Sessions from 2010
- Industry Corner 2011
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2011
- Industry Corner 2012
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2012
- Industry Corner 2013
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2013
- Industry Corner 2014
- Hot Docs Industry Sessions Knowledge Capture
- Industry Resources
- Resources to be used in conjunction with video captured 2013 industry sessions.
- Doc Library films with educational resources for high school.
- Inspirit Foundation
- Docs about pluralism and diversity of beliefs
- Filmmaker Interviews
- Interviews and Q&A's
- Aids/HIV Docs
- THE PLIGHT OF HOMELESSNESS
- Docs on Homelessness
- FOR MUSIC LOVERS
- Docs for Music Lovers
- Films about Canada
- LOVE, THE MANY DOCUMENTED THING.
- Docs About Love
- DEALING WITH DISABILITY
- Docs on Dealing with Disabilities
- GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY
- Docs on Aging
- THE WONDER YEARS?
- Films about Growing Up
- CANADA’S OWN WONDER OF THE WORLD
- Niagara Falls
- DEATH IN ALL ITS FORMS
- Films About Dealing with Death