Founded in 1998 by documentary filmmakers who were passionate for their art form, the RIDM is a friendly meeting place where reality is celebrated in all its glorious elements. Comical or sad, moving or revolting, always one-of-a-kind and innovative, our acclaimed motion pictures help us to better grasp the issues that face our world.
About this Playlist
The current selection brings together Quebec films that distinguish themselves through their artistic quality and their unique perspective. They reflect the diversity of Quebec’s documentary film industry, with pieces that touch on the social, political or environmental, intimate portraits and avant-garde endeavours. Battle-tested filmmakers such as Isaac Isitan, Patricio Henriquez or Carole Poliquin recount events that shape our world, probe the essence of contemporary existence and bolster social action. Intimate personal films such as those by Catherine Veaux-Logeat, Benoit Pilon or Jeannine Gagné adroitly observe the characters in our daily lives that we never truly notice. Those cinematic outlooks that transform reality or enable us to better understand it may be submitted by emerging filmmakers (Tamara Taddeo, Emilie Hayes) or experienced ones alike (Lucie Lambert, Raymonde Provencher). The RIDM is proud to present this sundry selection that offers a glimpse into Quebec’s documentary talent pool.
Selected Films (17)
Dreams on Wheels
Le 4125, rue Parthenais
The Women of Brukman
Precis of the Everyday
Everyday, Sunny Day
A Senseless Death
Images of a Dictatorship
Juchitan Queer Paradise
The Bottom Line: Privatizing the World
By Any Means Necessary
Gangs, Law On The Street
- Most Popular
- Check out what your fellow doc lovers are watching.
- Reel Asian
- Showcasing alumni filmmakers from past Reel Asian festivals.
- The Images Festival
- The Images Festival looks at the dynamics of accessibility.
- Doc Challenge
- A timed competition where filmmakers have 5 days to make a short doc.
- Brian Linehan
- Brian Linehan was best known for his celebrity interviews.
- Toronto sounds good. It always has.
- TVO - Makes you think
- NFB films have influenced the works of filmmakers around the world.
- Industry Corner 2009
- Video and audio captures of all public series' and industry sessions at Hot Docs.
- Industry Corner 2010
- Festival Industry Sessions from 2010
- Industry Corner 2011
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2011
- Industry Corner 2012
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2012
- Industry Corner 2013
- Festival Industry Sessions From 2013
- Industry Corner 2014
- Hot Docs Industry Sessions Knowledge Capture
- Industry Resources
- Resources to be used in conjunction with video captured 2013 industry sessions.
- Doc Library films with educational resources for high school.
- Inspirit Foundation
- Docs about pluralism and diversity of beliefs
- Filmmaker Interviews
- Interviews and Q&A's
- Aids/HIV Docs
- THE PLIGHT OF HOMELESSNESS
- Docs on Homelessness
- FOR MUSIC LOVERS
- Docs for Music Lovers
- Films about Canada
- LOVE, THE MANY DOCUMENTED THING.
- Docs About Love
- DEALING WITH DISABILITY
- Docs on Dealing with Disabilities
- GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY
- Docs on Aging
- THE WONDER YEARS?
- Films about Growing Up
- CANADA’S OWN WONDER OF THE WORLD
- Niagara Falls
- DEATH IN ALL ITS FORMS
- Films About Dealing with Death